Monday, May 28, 2007

Tanzania!

In mid-March Leah, Megan and I travelled to Tanzania for 5 days to visit Tanya. This involved a long overnight 20 hour bus ride via Nairobi in Kenya before we finally reached Tanzania.


This photo was taken on the road soon after we crossed the border into Tanzania.

Another road photo, but with some mountains visible in the distance - one of which is Mount Meru - on the left I think...a mountain close to Arusha, where Tanya lives

On our second day in Tanzania Tanya drove us around Arusha National Park...we saw a few wild animals, but the most impressive part of the park was the amazing scenery, and the massive Ngurdoto crater with herds of buffalo on the crater floor. This photo is at a viewpoint above the crater, Leah Megan and Tanya (Left to Right) taking photos of the crater....

The crater floor - huge!

A cool tree

Megan and Leah at another viewpoint of the crater


Myself and Megan at *another* viewpoint!


Giraffe and lake behind...




Leah and I on the bus home...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home